Request a Free Consultation

Worker Electrocuted at HGTV Dream Home

Request a Free Consultation
Posted on September 21, 2016

A worker was electrocuted while working on a boat dock at the HGTV Dream Home property in Brevard County, Florida. After being electrocuted, the man fell into the Indian River Lagoon. Paramedics attempted to resuscitate the man before taking him to Cape Canaveral Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

According to authorities, the fatal injury is thought to be accidental. Brevard County Fire Rescue crews came to the scene at approximately 2:00 p.m. where they pulled the man from the water. Believed to be in his mid-30s, the victim was performing electrical work for the property. Construction for the property began last May. The electrical company that employed the victim would not comment on the incident.

The home was part of HGTV Dream Home’s 20th annual design project and remodeling effort. Neighbors were shocked to hear about the incident as they had not heard of any previous problems on the work site.