Egg Harbor Township Pedestrian Accident LawyerRequest a Free Consultation
Egg Harbor Township is a peaceful town in New Jersey with a beautiful nature reserve, public parks by the bay, and other pedestrian-friendly locations. Walking is a healthy choice for the body and the environment, but when a vulnerable pedestrian and a vehicle collide in traffic, the pedestrian is the one at great risk.
Pedestrian accidents can cause serious, grave, and even catastrophic injuries. Even when a pedestrian is fortunate enough to sustain injuries that will heal, they may experience mounting medical bills just when they’re unable to work due to their injury. If you or a loved one was injured while walking in Egg Harbor and a driver was at fault in the accident, you deserve compensation for the significant economic and non-economic damages.
The attorneys at Grungo Law in Egg Harbor understand the powerful physical and economic impacts of a serious pedestrian accident on the victim and their family. Reach out to our firm today for a free evaluation of your case.
Understanding Liability in Egg Harbor Pedestrian Accidents
In New Jersey’s no-fault insurance system, residents must report all traffic-related accidents to their own insurance companies, which include Personal Injury Protection (PIP) plans. These basic plans provide compensation for medical treatments after an accident—including a pedestrian accident—but don’t allow accident victims to recover compensation for pain and suffering. However, many policies allow claims against an at-fault party’s insurance including for pain and suffering compensation. If your damages from a serious pedestrian accident in Egg Harbor or the surrounding area exceed the limits of your PIP insurance, you may be able to recover those damages through an accident claim by proving the liability of the party at fault in the accident. Your Egg Harbor pedestrian accident lawyer will investigate all aspects of your accident to determine liability when a driver was at fault. Showing liability means proving the following points:
- That the at-fault party had a duty to keep pedestrians safe through reasonable measures such as following traffic laws and remaining alert to any pedestrians present
- That the at-fault party breached this duty by acting negligently or recklessly
- That the negligent or reckless act directly caused the injuries to the pedestrian
- That the pedestrian suffered significant damages from the accident
What Damages Can I Recover After a Pedestrian Accident in Egg Harbor?
A serious pedestrian accident has ripple effects throughout the victim’s life, with bills piling up at the same time that serious injuries make it difficult or impossible to work in the usual capacity. A successful pedestrian accident lawsuit can help an accident victim to gain compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses, and additional compensation for any upcoming medical procedures or ongoing care
- Lost income and income loss for the amount of time ahead that you may be unable to work while you recover
- Compensation for diminished capacity to earn in the future if you’ve been disabled by the accident
- Pain and suffering, plus other appropriate non-economic damages available in your unique case, such as disfigurement, loss of limb, and emotional trauma
It may be true that financial compensation can’t erase the harm caused by your pedestrian accident, but it can relieve your financial concerns and help you to gain access to the best medical care to treat your injuries.
Why Choose Us for Your Egg Harbor Township Pedestrian Lawyers?
At Grungo Law of Egg Harbor, we believe that the person who caused your injuries should be held accountable for their actions. When their insurance company pays out on your accident claim, you receive more than just compensation—you’ll also gain a sense of justice for the harm done to you due to a driver’s negligence or recklessness. Contact Grungo Law today for a free evaluation of your pedestrian accident case so we can begin working on the best strategy to recover your losses.