Medford Slip and Fall LawyerRequest a Free Consultation
Slip and fall injuries can cause serious and life altering injury. These accidents are sometimes the fault of businesses, municipalities, or individuals who fail to maintain walkways, floors, and stairs in a safe condition.
Unsuspecting and completely faultless people are injured every day in slip and fall accidents, and may be owed compensation for their injuries, pain and suffering. Injured individuals should contact a Medford slip and fall lawyer. Get in touch with a compassionate injury attorney today to begin your claim.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Medford
Businesses, government entities, and individuals may have a duty to maintain floors, walkways, stairs, and parking lots in a condition that is safe and secure for visitors to walk upon.
Premises liability laws allows those injured by an owner to be paid monetary damages when the owner fails to keep their premises in good repair. Unsafe conditions considered to be a failure to maintain premises in a safe condition are:
- Uneven surfaces
- Severe slopes in walking areas
- Steps or stairs that are loose
- Steps or stairs that are too steep or without handrails
- Carpeting that has tears or that curl up and cause trips
- Poor lighting on walkways or stairways
- Failure to keep premises clean, free from snow or ice, mud or other weather-related, temporary conditions
Injuries from Slip and Fall Accidents
If an individual slips, or loses traction and loses their footing, the forces of the fall that impact knees, elbows, hips, back or even a cranial (head) impact can be severe, and the services of a Medford slip and fall attorney may be necessary. These injuries can include:
- Inter-cranial bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Fractured skull
- Fracture of the cervical, thoracic or lumbar vertebrae
- Strain and sprain of neck muscles and ligaments
- Fracture of the hip
- Torn ACL or MCL on the knee
- Fracture of the leg, arm or elbow
- Chronic pain from these or other injuries
Other consequences of a slip and fall are lost wages from an inability to work, a change in activity level or lifestyle, and stress or strain on the victim’s family because of the victim’s injuries.
Slip and fall cases can be difficult to win. A Medford slip and fall lawyer typically hears the other side claim that they are not at fault for an individual’s injuries. They claim the individual “just tripped” or was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or in other ways “blame the victim.”
This is why slip and fall cases require immediate attorney representation to maximize success. A lawyer may visit the site of the slip and fall and preserve any evidence that will help the case. They may:
- Document the conditions before the owner alters the site to hide evidence and try to defeat our case
- Locate witnesses and employees who saw the fall and can testify that the injured individual was not at fault, immediately complained of pain and was injured from the slip and fall
- Send an expert engineer to the site, who can actually measure the friction of the floor or walkway, and establish evidence of over waxing or other acts that caused the floor to be so slippery a slip and fall injury was inevitable
- Serve an order on the owner to preserve the floor, stairs, or carpeting for examination and use as evidence in the case, thereby preserving evidence needed to prove the case.
Contact a Medford Slip and Fall Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has been injured from a slip and fall on someone else’s property, contact a Medford slip and fall lawyer today for a free, initial consultation.