Cherry Hill Motorcycle Accident LawyerRequest a Free Consultation
Motorcycle accidents in Cherry Hill can have extensive periods of recovery and expensive costs associated with recovery. After getting into a motorcycle accident, the first thing that someone needs to do is get medical treatment if they have been hurt. Unfortunately, when dealing with motorcycle accidents, usually the injuries are significant. A motorcyclist does not have the same protection as someone inside a motor vehicle, so even the most minor impact can result in very serious injuries for the biker.
It is extremely important to get to the doctor, get to the hospital, and make sure that you are getting the appropriate treatment, especially in the case of head injuries. It is important to get treatment and get recommendations from doctors about how to handle these injuries going forward.
Do not hesitate to contact a Cherry Hill accident lawyer as soon as possible after the collision. An experienced personal injury attorney could help fight for your right to compensation after your accident. En Español.
Why Choose a Cherry Hill Motorcycle Accident Lawyer From Us?
It’s the motorcycle injury victim in New Jersey who bears the burden of proving liability in the accident in order to make a successful claim for damages. “Damages” in a personal injury claim refers to more than just damage to a car or vehicle, it refers to all economic and non-economic consequences a victim suffers from an accident, like medical expenses and pain and suffering. At Grungo Law, our team of attorneys are skilled investigators who will thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your motorcycle accident in Cherry Hill to document evidence of liability. With Grungo Law, your motorcycle accident claim in New Jersey will have the following advantages for your case:
- A powerful track record of success to put a strong legal reputation behind your claim
- A team of attorneys with decades of experience navigating motorcycle accident claims in New Jersey
- New Jersey injury attorneys who’ve won over $135 million in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients
- Attorneys who use the latest in cutting-edge technology as well as classic legal methods of representing injured clients to maximize the chances of achieving the highest possible settlement without the need for court litigation
- Open and honest communication throughout the process so you aren’t left in the dark about your own legal case
At Grungo Law, you pay nothing upfront. Instead, our personal injury lawyers in Cherry Hill offer free consultations and only take our fee if and when we secure your compensation. We believe everyone is entitled to legal representation when they need it most.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Cherry Hill
New Jersey’s congested urban areas and winding rural routes present significant dangers for motorcyclists. Motorcycle riders sometimes make mistakes too, but the majority of motorcycle accidents result from negligent drivers. When an unprotected motorcycle rider has an accident, they make direct contact with the road and obstacles, resulting in significant and sometimes grave injuries. Common causes of motorcycle accidents in New Jersey include the following:
- Distracted drivers
- Drivers making unsafe lane changes
- Motorists following motorcycles too closely
- Inattentive drivers
- Intoxicated drivers
- Speeding and aggressive driving
Motorists have a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent harm to motorcyclists sharing the roadway. All too often, drivers fail to use the necessary vigilance to prevent causing harm to riders on the road.
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents in Cherry Hill
While motorcyclists love the unenclosed, open-air design of a motorcycle, the very qualities that make a ride so exhilarating also leave a biker vulnerable to grave injuries in an accident. It’s true that a helmet can protect a biker from some types of head injuries, but not all, and the rest of the body is likely to sustain serious harm in a direct impact with another vehicle or with the road. Even when driving at relatively low speeds, motorcyclists can receive serious injuries after being thrown from their bikes or by rolling over with the bike. Common injuries in motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), even when a helmet protects the head from blunt force trauma, the violent jarring of a motorcycle accident may cause the brain to bump against the bony interior of the skull
- Spinal cord damage
- Crush injuries from being run over by a driver
If there was a death as the result of your motorcycle accident from either party, please reach out to a Cherry Hill wrongful death attorney to handle your case.
Filing a Motorcycle Collision Claim in Cherry Hill
When compiling documents that a person may need for a Cherry Hill motorcycle crash claim, the police report is always most important. The police report will have all of the information regarding the other driver’s home address, insurance, and other details that will help an injured biker and their attorney begin their motorcycle accident claim.
Other than that, the other thing that they would need is the motorcyclist’s own insurance policy. The insurance policy they have on their motorcycle will indicate coverage limits. Anything else that an attorney would need, they are able to obtain when they begin their investigation.
New Jersey’s No-Fault Laws for Motorcycle Claims
Even if a motorcyclist carries auto insurance with the state’s required Personal Injury Protection (PIP) policy, this does not cover motorcycle injuries in New Jersey. Some motorcycle insurance policies allow a small amount of medical coverage under the “Med-Pay” option, but it does not typically cover the extent of damages associated with motorcycle injuries. Instead, an injured biker must rely on filing a claim against the insurance of the at-fault party in the collision.
By contacting the motorcycle accident attorneys at Grungo Law in Cherry Hill right away we can explore all options for recovering your damages by negotiating with the insurance companies and filing a lawsuit if required to secure your compensation.
Proving Liability in a Cherry Hill Motorcycle Accident
When an accident results in serious injuries with significant medical expenses, the injury victim can make a claim for damages only after presenting clear evidence of the at-fault party’s liability in the accident. Proving liability requires demonstrating the following:
- The at-fault party had a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent causing injury to motorcyclists and others on the road
- They breached this duty by acting negligently or recklessly
- The negligent breach of duty directly caused injury to the motorcyclist
- The motorcyclist sustained significant damages from the accident
In civil court cases like motorcycle injury cases in Cherry Hill, the burden of proving liability falls on the injury victim. This can be challenging while trying to focus on recovering from painful injuries. A motorcycle accident attorney can help by navigating the legal aspects of your motorcycle accident while you focus on maximizing your recovery.
Preserving Evidence at the Scene of a Motorcycle Accident in Cherry Hill
Many motorcycle injury victims suffer such grave injuries that they aren’t conscious after an accident; however, if an injury victim or someone else at the scene can use their phone to document evidence, it can greatly benefit the injury claim later. Use your cell phone—or ask an uninjured person to use it for you—to do the following:
- First, call 911 to report the accident
- Take photos of the damaged motorcycle and any damage to a vehicle or obstacle
- Photograph any visible injuries
- Take photos of the accident scene, including anything relevant, like an intersection, signal light, or traffic signs
At the hospital, ask for a complete medical evaluation as well as emergency treatment for your obvious injuries. Ask the doctor to document everything in a detailed medical report, including their recommendations for treatment and your prognosis. Then, gather the evidence, medical report, and police report and call the attorneys at Grungo Law in Cherry Hill before speaking to insurance representatives. Direct all communications with the insurance company to your Cherry Hill accident attorney.
How Much is My Cherry Hill Motorcycle Accident Claim Worth?
Individual motorcycle accident claims vary in amounts depending on the seriousness of the injury. Some motorcycle injuries result in temporary or permanent disability with significant financial hardship for the rider and their family. Other motorcycle accidents cause less serious injuries, but even when the accident victim can completely recover after the accident they may have costly medical bills and miss weeks of work. Regardless of the amount of economic damages an accident victim experiences, when the accident was caused by someone else, the injured victim shouldn’t be responsible for the damages. A successful motorcycle accident claim in New Jersey results in compensation for damages such as the following:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost income and future income loss
- Lowered earning capacity due to disability
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages like disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, or PTSD
The value of your individual claim depends on the details of your unique accident case
Actions to Avoid After a Motorcycle Accident When You’re Filing a Claim
New Jersey’s complex insurance laws can make recovering compensation after a motorcycle accident challenging. Making a mistake in the critical aftermath of an accident and during your medical treatment and recovery can damage your chances of fully recovering compensation. Some mistakes to avoid include:
- Admitting fault: Say as little as you can about the accident to anyone while you wait for help to arrive. Never admit fault even if you think you were partly to blame. Sometimes even a simple apology can later be used against you as an admission of fault
- Refusing medical treatment: This isn’t the time to be a hero. Most motorcycle accidents result in significant if not grave injuries. Injuries may present themselves later after your adrenaline has settled. You should always accept EMS transportation to a hospital and have a thorough evaluation and a detailed medical report
- Avoid speaking to insurance representatives: Report your accident as required but don’t give too many details. It’s always best to direct all communications with insurance companies to your lawyer. Even if they sound friendly and concerned, they are NOT on your side. Their goal is always to minimize the amount they have to pay out on a claim or deny it completely
- Don’t post on social media: If you post a photo of yourself smiling at your child’s soccer game, even if you were really grimacing through the pain, the insurance company could use this to show that you are exaggerating the extent of your injuries
- Don’t wait too long to call an attorney: While New Jersey allows up to two years to file a personal injury claim, it’s best to file as soon as you have a good understanding of your financial damages. Filing while the evidence is fresh and eyewitness testimony is reliable greatly increases your likelihood of recovering compensation.
Impact of Contributory Negligence on Cherry Hill Motorcycle Crash Cases
Contributory negligence in Cherry Hill is when the injured party could also be at fault for the motorcycle accident. It is not always clear who is at fault in a motorcycle crash case. In New Jersey, as long as the injured party’s contributory negligence does not exceed 50 percent, they are entitled to receive compensation from the other driver, because the other driver is deemed to be more at fault.
The amount of damages would be reduced by the percentage of negligence that has been placed on a person. The way that is determined is through litigation or settlement. If the case went all the way through to a trial, a jury would have to answer that question with regard to how much contributory negligence should be placed on one individual or another.
Will I Have to Go to Court for a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Over 95% of personal injury cases, including motorcycle accident claims, are settled through direct negotiations between a victim’s attorney and the insurance company of the party at fault. Only in cases of an insurance company that fails to offer an acceptable settlement amount or wrongfully denies a valid claim does the case become a lawsuit litigated in a courtroom for a jury to decide. In this case, your attorney from Grungo Law will ensure the case goes before a judge within the two-year statute of limitations for motorcycle accident claims in New Jersey.
Although a court case takes longer than a settlement, the amount of compensation the victim receives in a court award for damages is often more than that in a settlement.
Contact a Cherry Hill Motorcycle Accident Attorney
When looking for a Cherry Hill motorcycle accident lawyer, you should look for someone who has experience handling these types of claims. Our attorneys maintain open and responsive communication with their clients. They want to be in constant communication with the person who has been injured in a motorcycle accident, because not only is that what the injured person needs and deserves, but it also helps their claim.
This constant communication helps them know what is going on in their client’s life, how this injury has impacted them, what their medical treatment consists of, how they are being affected at work, and how they are being affected at home. All of these things come into play when evaluating the claims. It is important to find an attorney who is going to have open communication as well as experience handling those claims. Our team of lawyers has the experience and the results to back it.