Cherry Hill Slip and Fall LawyerRequest a Free Consultation
A slip and fall accident in Cherry Hill, whether it occurs in a private or public space, can be an unfortunate and painful experience. Victims of slip and fall accidents need to consult with experienced injury lawyers who understand their unique circumstances and can tell them about the legal issues.
It is not easy to guess how people will feel physically and emotionally after an accident. Amid such a difficult and stressful situation, contacting a Cherry Hill slip-and-fall lawyer for help is a good first step toward getting peace of mind. Call our Cherry Hill law office today for a free confidential consultation on your case.
Why Choose a Cherry Hill Slip-and-Fall Lawyer From Grungo?
The attorneys at Grungo Law in Cherry Hill have immense compassion for victims who suffer serious injuries due to slip-and-fall accidents that occur due to a property owner or manager’s negligence. Not only are slip-and-fall injuries painful and embarrassing, but they’re also often debilitating, either temporarily or permanently. A slip-and-fall lawyer from Grungo will benefit your slip-and-fall claim in Cherry Hill in the following ways:
- We offer a free consultation about your slip-and-fall case and no fees until after we secure compensation for your damages.
- We provide legal counsel throughout the process from attorneys with years of experience in premises liability claims in slip-and-fall accidents.
- Our Cherry Hill premises liability lawyers are a team of attorneys with a results-oriented approach based on classic client advocacy methods combined with cutting-edge technology.
- We are skilled negotiators and litigators who will work toward a resolution through an ample settlement for your damages but are more than ready to take the case to court if necessary to secure your compensation.
When a lot is at stake, no one should take on a slip-and-fall case without a skilled Cherry Hill injury attorney in their corner to investigate all aspects of the fall, identify the liable party, carefully calculate damages, and represent your rights throughout the claim process.
Causes of Cherry Hill Slip and Fall Accidents
A bad fall is painful and traumatic, especially when it happens in a public place. Common causes of slip and fall accidents include the following:
- Wet floors from mopping, spills, or leaks
- Uneven pavement or floor surface
- Loose carpets
- Dangling electrical or charging cords
- Debris on the floor
- Inadequate lighting
- Slippery floor surface due to incorrect cleaning or waxing products
- Cracked, pot-holed, or uneven sidewalks or walkways
- Unmarked floor-level changes
- Icy walkways or steps
Property owners and managers owe a duty of care to others lawfully on their property. This includes the duty to take reasonable measures to prevent injuries. For business property managers this means recognizing and promptly addressing slip-and-fall hazards. In addition, private property owners owe a duty of care to those lawfully entering their property, such as delivery personnel. Even private property owners may be liable for damages if they fail to address slip-and-fall hazards to prevent injuries to mail delivery workers, garbage collectors, and others.
Important Factors in Trip and Fall Claims
A slip and fall that occurs in a private setting, such as a home, may need to be evaluated by a Cherry Hill accident lawyer. An attorney can give proper legal advice, regardless of where the trip and fall accident occurred.
Some people may be in a very familiar space at the time of the accident and assume they do not need to contact a lawyer, but that decision could affect them in unforeseen ways in the future.
No matter where an accident occurs, a lawyer is the right person to speak to about accidents. Our attorneys can carefully help you understand the laws governing slip and fall accidents on different kinds of property and thoroughly review the incident, injuries, and other factors that affect the way the case will proceed through the legal system.
Slip and fall attorneys in Cherry Hill often think of issues that people may have never considered about the incident. According to the Department of Labor, slip and fall accidents involve many different factors, including:
- Type of property
- Physical dangers or hazards on the property
Legal Outcomes of Local Slip and Fall Cases
Slips and fall incidents can be quite complicated, and it helps to contact lawyers for more insight and details on the possible case outcomes. This type of careful consideration of all the facts can make all the difference for each individual trip and fall case. Cherry Hill lawyers can offer insight about things that can affect the outcome of a trip and fall case, including:
- Amount of damages in a possible civil action
- What someone was doing right before the accident
- Doctor or medical professional’s evaluation and diagnosis
Lawyers have to consider many legal issues that could affect specific circumstances. A few of the possible things that may occur during a case include:
- Lawyers for each side may need to give each other access to documents that are related to the case
- Going to arbitration for civil actions under $20,000
- Witness may be subpoenaed by arbitrators in a civil action case
What to Do After a Cherry Hill Slip and Fall Accident
If you’ve been injured due to a fall, you may be unable to move safely without causing further injury. In some cases, you may even be unconscious due to a head injury. But if you’re able to move safely, your phone can become a tool to document important evidence to help later. You can also hand your phone to a companion or uninjured person to use for you while you focus on your injury. Use your phone to do the following:
- First, call 911 to request emergency services
- Take photos of the unsafe condition that caused your fall
- Take photos of any visible injuries
- Add the contact information of the property owner/manager
- Add the contact information of eyewitnesses to the accident
- Ask the property owner to write out an accident or incident report
At the hospital, be sure to tell the doctor about every symptom, even if it appears minor. Ask for a full medical evaluation and a report detailing your injuries, treatment recommendations, and prognosis. Then, gather your evidence and call the Cherry Hill slip-and-fall attorneys at Grungo Law. Be sure to keep copies of your medical bills and receipts for related expenses so your attorney can maximize your claim for compensation.
Determining Liability in a Slip and Fall Case
Property owners owe a duty of care to any person lawfully visiting the property. This duty includes recognizing slip-and-fall hazards and promptly repairing them, placing warning signs, or otherwise addressing the safety hazard. Proving liability in a slip-and-fall case in Cherry Hill or the surrounding area requires documenting evidence demonstrating the following:
- That the property owner/manager/leaseholder was aware of the fall hazard
- That they owed a duty of care to the injury victim and others lawfully on the property to take reasonable measures to prevent injuries
- They breached this duty of care through negligence
- The negligent breach of duty directly caused the injury
- The injury victim suffered significant damages from the injury
In a personal injury case, “damages” refers to all of the consequences of an injury to the victim. When another party is responsible for a serious slip-and-fall accident, the victim shouldn’t be left with undue expenses. A successful claim can bring substantial compensation for damages. This compensation typically comes through a property owner’s premises liability insurance policy.
Damages Available in Slip and Fall Cases in Cherry Hill
Slip-and-fall accidents can cause minor injuries that require medical treatment and a few days or weeks of missed work. In more serious cases, a bad fall can cause head injuries, neck injuries, fractured bones, and other serious injuries that could cause exorbitant medical expenses and lost income. Some fall accidents cause temporary or permanent disability and financial hardship. Slip-and-fall accidents often result in compensation for damages including the following:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical costs for further treatment or rehabilitative care
- Lost income
- Future income loss
- Compensation for diminished earning capacity due to disability
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Compensation for other non-economic damages that might apply, such as disfigurement from facial injuries or broken teeth
Your personal injury lawyer from Grungo Law in Cherry Hill will carefully calculate your damages to maximize your compensation. While financial compensation for non-economic damages like pain and suffering cannot erase the pain, it does help relieve financial concerns and helps injury victims achieve a sense of justice. If there was a death due to a slip and fall accident, don’t hesitate to speak to a wrongful death lawyer in Cherry Hill.
Slip and Fall Statute of Limitations in New Jersey
New Jersey places time limits on injury claims, including slip-and-fall injuries. Fall victims have up to two years to file a claim for damages. If the case goes to court for litigation—which occurs in less than 10% of cases when they aren’t resolved through a settlement—it must come to trial before the two-year time limit expires or a judge will toss the case out of court.
The state’s statute of limitations may be extended in limited cases, including if a fall victim doesn’t discover an injury until later, in which case the clock begins ticking on the date of discovery.
Fall victims under the age of 18 have until two years after their 18th birthday to file a claim.
If a slip-and-fall victim becomes comatose or otherwise incapacitated after their fall, the statute of limitations begins on the date that they recover consciousness or full cognitive ability.
Talk to a Cherry Hill Slip and Fall Attorney Today
You owe it to yourself to get as much information as you can. Speaking with a lawyer, especially in a complex situation such as a slip and fall, can help. Contact Cherry Hill slip and fall lawyers so you can learn more about your rights right away.